Main Purpose of Job Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the management and coordination of plant operations including equipment, operations process, shift management, inventory, stores, and maintenance in order to improve the facility’s performance in producing high quality products by:
Ensuring products are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer specification and quality requirements
- Communicating with all the relevant people / departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and quality are achieved.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and quality are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensuring that each shift has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, required in order to achieve high quality production.
2. Coordinating with the Purchasing function / department to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and available for production when required.
3. Managing the Inventory function /stock control department to ensure raw material and product is received, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s stock inventory is accurate.
As part of the senior management team you will also be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
The role carries direct managerial responsibility for the production, maintenance, purchasing & stock control personnel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports the company strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for construction input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Monitor & review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards.
- Ensure that all production related activity is time and cost efficient / effective.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained & repaired.
- Monitor production activity to ensure that the appropriate manufacturing methods are employed and that sufficient due care is taken in order to meet the customer’s build quality specifications.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Implement manufacturing improvement processes and systems to reduce waste, increase throughput and minimise costs.
- Monitor, test, and supervise the electrical systems, equipment, components, to ensure perfect functioning of the production units.
- Perform investigations and studies to establish installation standards and specifications.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to ensure existing electrical systems comply with electrical industrial theory.
- Maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment’s, facilities, and systems within a predefined budget.
- Use ERP system and recognized maintenance software to plan engineering tasks.
- Coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with industrial specifications and regulations.
- Inspect completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Oversee project implementation efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Write reports regarding existing engineering projects.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and agreed specifications.
Conduct field surveys and study graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Electrical Engineer Degree with minimum 10 years’ Experience.
- Possess a broad background in electrical engineering / manufacturing with a wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes.
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical engineering & technical drawings.
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling.
- Have a working understanding of procurement.
- Have a working understanding of stock management systems.
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems.
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Strong problem solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Ability to build a high performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, and enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of production and the business
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications – outlook, excel & word and power point in particular.
- Knowledge of algebra, geometry, calculus, arithmetic, and statistics.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology and be fluent in both English and Arabic.
- Electrical engineer must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering.
- A master degree in engineering is preferable but may not be essential.
Research / Financial Analyst
Plena Group is expanding further and need an additional resource to the team to assist us with Research/Financial Analyst. The selected candidate will have experience in managing projects, reporting and financial modelling areas. Such activities include but are not limited to;
a) Performing monthly review and update monthly financial reports of investment companies
b) Research industries, markets, trends, profitability etc.
c) Modelling of financial forecasts C
a) Experience in accounting firm for at least two years preferably
b) Fluency in English plus another language.
c) Experience in financial modelling.
d) Strong skills in written English and report writing
e) Strong results of the accounting or relevant financial analyst degree.
f) Willingness to spend a substantial amount of time abroad in operating companies
Fjallraven was one of the initial investments made by Plena Group in 1981. After years of successful operation and growth, where both revenue and profits multiplied, Plena’s shares were sold to a strategic partner in 1983.
During 1984 we entered into what has been our largest investment to date. By 1992, the Ytong Group, which produced and marketed aerated concrete blocks, had reached revenues of 1 billion DEM and was available in 44 countries. The company was sold to RMC plc in 1996.